Tuesday, September 11

Should Crosses Be Allowed in Masterpieces?

Hello! Okay. Good morning! Happy Tuesday!
So... There's a giant hurricane in North and South Carolina that's coming this week, if you live there or have any relatives there (he said to his two readers) make sure you are all safe!
 Also, I saw Rainbow000Pegasus for the first time...
 Sorry I had to leave so abruptly...
 OKAY. Now that that's out of the way, new item!
The pixels at the top are moving, like fire, very cool... And the price... I'll let this one slide AJ, nice job. It is recurring, though.

Great.
Well.
Now let's talk about a weird topic.
CROSSES! IN! MASTERPIECES!!!
So here's a masterpiece I saw the other day...
"I believe in God, and I will try my best to glorify him in everything I do."
Now.
I'm not sure if this is allowed or not. But here's my opinion on the subject.
Sorry if it makes you CROSS.
AHAHAHAHAHHAHA. Get it?
Get it?
Get it?
Get it?
Anyway.

I SUPPORT CROSSES IN MASTERPIECES TO A POINT.
And I'll tell you guys why.

Crosses are a representation of religion, and the thing that's different between gay pride and religion is... Gay pride flags aren't necessarily telling you to join.
Sure, they tell you that being gay is okay, and is an option, but no one looks at a gay flag and says:
Even a non-binary flag. It's expressing, but not necessarily trying to get you to become non-binary.
On the other hand, when you think of religion... It's something to join. I am not saying that the minute there's a cross in the masterpiece that it's enticing you to join a religion...
What I am saying, is that religion... If you have a masterpiece saying Christians are superior, or something, you are promoting Christianity. When you have something like the masterpiece below:
This is stating your beliefs. And this is... Yes, it is showing off your love for God and the Christian religion. But what's special about this is there's nothing telling you to join.
Here's something I wouldn't agree with:
Sure. It's a fine statement. I think you should be allowed to say this on AJ.

There's nothing wrong with that statement. But because of the masterpiece format, it's saying that God is the best, in that he is better than anything else, in that you should follow God... See what I mean? It's low-key insulting other religions.

Imagine you're on a soccer team, and a new kid shows up. He says, "I'M THE BEST!!!" When you say something is the best, you are saying everything else is inferior...

 I think this is okay.
 I do not think this is okay.
Great art skills, I know.
And so while I might not seem like I want this,
I THINK CROSSES SHOULD BE ALLOWED IN MASTERPIECES.
But when you promote your religion in a "join us" sense, then I feel that's invading... AJ should be a place where you can see things like other religions, crosses, but people go on AJ to have fun, not to get influenced into things.
I know you've seen this three times but:
What a FANTASTIC masterpiece. Not only is it beautiful, and the shading is amazing and I love the style... (SO BEAUTIFUL), but it is saying, "I BELIEVE IN GOD." It's saying that with the cross, and than it explicitly says it in text. And it's saying you are going to glorify him in anything you do.

This is not saying, join this religion. What if, what if you removed the cross and replaced "God" with "Allah", for the muslim religion?
Would you feel compelled to join Islamic religion? (Assuming you aren't already)
NO! Probably not! It's showing their beliefs, and the author taking pride in them!
But there is nothing in there that says:

You should join this religion.
You would be better off if you joined this religion.
This religion is the best.
If you're not in this religion then you are worse off.
This religion will make you better if you're not a part of it already.

When you promote your religion in the manner that it's the best, you are saying that your religion is right, which will make many other religions wrong. And AJ does not want masterpieces telling people their religion is wrong.

You should be allowed to state your beliefs, feelings, and things you are a part of, but religion is a touchy subject, so once someone says their religion is the right religion, that makes all the other religions wrong and things get complicated. And messy. And people feel hurt. Unless you're at a religious school, in a public school you can't post signs saying to join Christianity. (Of course, you can always say it)
There is no reason you shouldn't be able to talk about and share your religion on AJ. I just don't feel you should be able to "advertise" it.
AND PLEASE NOTE. This is how I feel about promoting religion in AJ masterpieces, not in AJ in general or real life.

However, I don't work for AJHQ, so IDK. Lol. But we do seem to have overlapping ideals.
But tell me what you think in the comments. If you disagree, please tell me why!
Have a criss-cross day and jam on!
P. S. Sunflowers are leaving! Get this epic and cheap item in Treetop Gardens before it leaves! (Because all of my viewers are member totally)

4 comments:

  1. This is a good argument! I agree, Q.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’d have things to say about this argument but I would rather not post it. I highly disagree, that’s all I am saying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad I don't have membership since that's one lovely sunflower aha, but anyway it's a good argument. AJHQ is just... afraid of things, such as the community tearing due to religion. Religion is a very sensitive topic, even more so than politics. Beliefs clash, and then argument breaks out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think crosses should be allowed in animal jam on masterpieces. I also think that people should respect each other’s religions, I don’t see why religions can’t be in AJ if it’s something you believe in and wanna show. I agree on something’s here not all.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTING RULES:
1. Just use common sense. Lol.
2. No swearing, sorry. :(
3. Don't be inappropriate.
4. Basically, say things as if you're saying them to a five-year-old.