Wednesday, September 5

AJ's demand is weird

HEY! It's Wednesday! THAT MEANS, it's time for an EASY OUTFIT! Wait. I need to remove my schedule, I literally can't keep it. OKAY. Let's do TOPIC TUESDAY! But on WEDNESDAY!

IT'S TOPIC WEDNESDAY! But first, a new item!
No colors today, my computer is laggy today so this is the only one I could salvage. BUT IT LOOKS SO COOL!!!

Well. That was fun. But now I want to talk about something I've been thinking about.
RARES.

After my little cake adventure yesterday, I've decided I don't want to go for spike collars. Yes, spikes are cool, and if someone gave me one for free, that would be fantastic. But if I'm aiming for my dream items, spikes... Okay actually having one to wear would be nice... But...

I want exotic items. I really, really, really like items that don't come back. Like, the beta tiara and headdresses, while I don't plan on getting those anytime soon (like, maybe in 50 years) I want items that don't come back. And what's appealing to me about the cakes is... Okay, could they come back? Yes. But I doubt it.

Items that don't come back are cool. I like having them because I just feel special, and rare, and stuff. And they feel cool. AND, and if they look cool, that's a plus.

So this is why I am constantly trading for old summer carnival items. This isn't confirmed, but I think that when AJ slaps a rare tag on an item that didn't originally have one, and it's not in Forgotten Desert or any adventures, it's NOT COMING BACK.

And I want stuff that's not coming back.

I don't think many people have though about it, but summer carnival items, they're thrown around now, but they are slowly getting rarer. And it's fun to have them... And someday, maybe they'll be really rare...

Demand is weird though. I don't get why demand for spikes is like this. I remember back when I didn't understand rares and I couldn't understand how different colors had different rarities. I also still have no idea why a pink long collar is more than a green, it's not like they're any rarer? If you get a rare collar in Forgotten Desert, it's not like you're more likely to get orange... I think?

But demand decides a lot. Take this for example.
 This is rare clover armor. I assume it's never coming back to AJ. And I remember the day that this clover armor got it's rare tag. I went NUTS.
I thought I was so rare. Aparri traded a black long for this set in a video that morning, and I thought I was gold. My whole account was not worth that much back then.

And so I wore the armor around Jamaa like a king, and I felt so rare.
And so I got a lot of jags.
I can't find this one jag, I thought I kept it, but it said they would give me an AJ first bday cake for the set. And I declined, thinking my armor would be super rare.
Well. It went up to den betas.
So that first birthday cake is worth six times this armor.
...
But. Let's look around Jamaa. Who has this armor?
There's another armor, Flower Armor, and the same thing happened, it got a rare tag but barely went up.
I kind of want this armor, so I guess since it's cheap I can probably get it. LOL.

DEMAND. It's because of demand. These armors are WAY rarer than spikes because they don't come back and people didn't really pay attention to them.

And so I'm going to try and go after what's rare... Not what's in demand. Because I feel that in the end, some guy's going to realize, "HEY! SPIKE COLLARS ARE MORE COMMON THAN NECKLACES!!!"
And then I'll be super rare.
I don't know. LOL. But I'm so done with demand.

So I guess my post today was just ranting about how AJ's demand is flawed.

Well. That's enough for today.

This is leaving.
Umm... Have a jolly day and jam o !

6 comments:

  1. And black spike collars, despite seeing them more then some betas, are still worth so much...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah... AJ demand is weird. WOAH. That's the post of the title. I mean... Title of post. Too lazy to backspace or click back.

      Delete
  2. Mm, I have one of the flower armour pieces, it was either the necklace or tail I think. I was traded it a little after it received the rare tag for a rare or cleared item, I don't remember the details though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Rip. Well, they're not worth very much anyway.

      Delete
  3. Q, I miss reading your reply’s to comments :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I'M COMING BACK ACKKKK LOL thanks for telling me that!

      Delete

COMMENTING RULES:
1. Just use common sense. Lol.
2. No swearing, sorry. :(
3. Don't be inappropriate.
4. Basically, say things as if you're saying them to a five-year-old.