Tuesday, November 13

No Longer Valid

EDIT: UGHHHHHHHHH... I DON'T THINK I'M GOING TO QUIT. I can't quit this all of a sudden. THIS POST BELOW IS UNEDITED, BUT I'M NOT GOING TO QUIT BECAUSE ANNOYING DOOMYPANDA MADE A GOOD POINT.

------

I REALLY DON'T WANT TO DO THIS. I LOVE THIS SO MUCH I'VE WRITTEN 5,000 WORDS IN ONE NIGHT IN PREPARATION FOR THIS. :( :( :( :( :(

Hello everyone… This post is not going to be centered (THE FONT), because, frankly, I need it to look organized… I want this to be clear to everyone. This is not a joke. And I wish it was. And I really, really, really, really, really, really don't want to quit.


But this does seem crazy, right? My blog's been going strong lately. If anything, the posts have gotten better, more lengthy... I'm editing the blog around.

SARAHKEY8, LOSTFAIRY, AND VIOLET AJ, JUST READING YOU GUYS COMMENT YESTERDAY MADE ME SO NOSTALGIC... I'M GOING TO MISS THIS SO MUCH. EVERYONE... Keep in mind before you get too upset that I will be posting on the AJAC on Thursdays! BUT YEAH. THIS WAS A REALLY UPSETTING DECISION FOR ME.


So. Here's the details.

ALSO, VIOLET, I'M SORRY TO TRICK YOU INTO THINKING SOMETHING COOL WAS HAPPENING LOL.
I'M QUITTING VIOLET SORRYYYYYYYYY.

Why are you quitting?
NEVER REVEAL YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE. However, I am doing it anyway for clarification. I am sixteen years old. And I was talking with my mom Monday night, who brought it to my attention that if I put as much effort into writing something else as I did into this blog, it would really help with college applications.


I have to apply to colleges in less than a year. While I’m playing video games and doing many things that won’t help me in college at all, I have to stop this blog. Here is the problem. No matter how much time, effort, and energy I put into this blog, the fact that it's an ANIMAL JAM BLOG just... It won't look good. The problem with this blog is while it's really fun, people don't think it's impressive. I write nearly every single day for six months, and it sounds impressive until I say "ANIMAL JAM BLOG". Then it looks lame. If I just switched the subject, it would look a lot more impressive. I just have to do something different.


I have to quit blogging... Not because I'm bored, or I hate it, or something changed... It's perfect.
You guys are all fantastic. The software is easy to use and perfect. I have daily commenters, and I have people who make me feel good. Everything you guys write for me… When you guys give me compliments, it makes my day. I just… I just have to because I need to focus on college. It’s sad for me… because I love this blog with all my heart. Besides maybe two or three days where I had a long night and I'm really, really tired, I NEVER GOT SICK OF POSTING in the six months I posted.


And when I realized this, I cried. I legit cried. Like, cry, cried. At sixteen. NO SHAME! :D In the past six months, I've had my crush say no to me, I've had a good friend of mine move away, I'm at a very stressful year in high school...  didn't cry at any of those. But I cried last night. Not that long, probably like five, ten minutes... But still. I was very gloomy. (What happens when DoomyPanda is sad? GLOOMYPANDA!!! AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA sorry lol)


But yeah. So... I... I just need to find a new topic to write about. Or I need to edit a local newspaper, or find something to do that I can put on college applications. I HAVE PUT 200+ HOURS INTO THIS BLOG. Imagine if I did that on something I could actually put into my college application, that would be fantastic!


But hey. I will write more about this later, but I don’t want to leave. Whenever I can manage to make someone laugh, make someone happy… It makes my heart soar. And I’ve done that a bit with this blog.


You know, maybe I’d feel happier if I wasn’t listening to sad piano music when writing this. LOL.


Will you ever come back?
Now. After all my college applications are done… Like in Senior year, after my AP (advanced placement) tests are over... Maybe, maybe I can come back to this.
But at that point it will be different. Some of you guys will have left the blogging community. Some might still be here. Some new people might be here. BUT I LIKE HOW IT IS RIGHT NOW. And I wish I could continue… I think I will try to next year… But it’s a whole year away… So we’ll see...


How can I contact you, Q? I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!! XD XD XD
Alright, so I have a bit of a story for you all.
So, I was checking AJ blogs, doing my thing like I do every week. (or day) And I saw this…
This was a whole week ago. I decided I was quitting 36 hours ago. And I WANTED IN. This would be really fun. And I was so excited last week that I was checking that blog and my email… Like… Probably every hour.


I got the notification yesterday morning. And I saw this post on the blog.
So I’m apparently in the Animal Jam Artists Collaborative.
And… Like… That would be posting every Thursday. So… If I was to post… It wouldn’t help me at all with college… It would be almost a distraction…


I've been reading a lot of comments, and since you guys are so friendly... I think I'm going to try to post on that blog just to like... Stay in touch. And keep blogging about stuff. THIS IS SO SAD THOUGH LOL. WOW I REALLY ENJOY YOU ALLLLLLL...

You know what, seeing Violet's comment... LOL. SIGH.
I AM GOING TO POST ON THE ANIMAL JAM ARTISTS COLLABORATIVE BECAUSE IF I DON'T I WILL BE REALLY SAD. Violet's little comment from yesterday (seen above) makes me laugh... AGHHHHH WHY THE HECK DO I HAVE TO BE A JUNIOR I WANT TO NOT GROW UP...


So do you want to contact me? Email me. I have it set up. You will be able to contact me so I will see it immediately. (q1zxaj@gmail.com)


Will you still be reading other AJ blogs?
This is very sad. I will be going over every blog I read in an upcoming post saying what I loved about each and every one of them. (It’s nice, there’s not like 10 billion, I can actually be personal with each one) But no. I am no longer going to be checking other people’s blogs. I enjoyed them, yes. But I need to get my head in the game for my own writing and stuff. Maybe I will like, every month.


When will the last post be?
I plan for the last post to be this Saturday. I don’t know if that will change or not. Hey, but keep reading this last week…

Here’s my plan: (I’m sort of doing what Scooter of the Animal Jam Sky Blog did when they quit)
Wednesday - A nice normal post...
Thursday - I will be saying goodbye to each individual.
Friday - A classic post for fun, just to kind of… Transition away. A nice post. The last regular post.
Saturday - I will be doing a Q n' A, and will be talking about what we’ve accomplished. And how this blog has made me a better person. And garbage like that. This is when I will be saying my final goodbyes and stuff. THIS WILL BE MY FINAL GOODBYE… and the last time I’ll be truly posting.
Sunday - This blog will be officially on hiatus. A prewritten, lame, generic post will be put up to tell newcomers a bit about me.


I will continue to respond to comments during this time, but after Sunday, I can’t promise I’ll respond. Feel free to contact me on the Animal Jam Artists Collaborative. I am going to try to post there but I can’t promise anything.


What if I have a question you didn’t answer?
Leave it in the comments! I’m having a Q n' A! So basically, you guys… Feel free to SPAM AS MANY QUESTIONS as you want. In fact, I WANT YOU TO. If you want to know ANYTHING about me… I won’t say where I live, but my credit card and social security number are fair game! JK. But ASK AWAY!!!

So come back these next few days for the final post. I've already written up a lot on Thursday's post (Which is about a little over halfway done at 3.5k words), and I have goodbye messages for all of you.
BUT I WILL BE ON THE AJ ARTISTS COLLAB BLOGGGGG... Hehe. That's lucky that that's going on or I'd be really, really sad. (I AM SAD STILL D:)


Have a questionable day and jam on!
P. S. Not sure how much of this you actually read, but did you see that DoomyPanda joke? LOL.
P. P. S. I AM KIND OF UPSET BECAUSE I'M LEAVING RIGHT WHEN NEW PEOPLE ARE JOINING BACK.
While writing Thursday's post I found a new blog! Check them out!
http://animaljammersjournal.blogspot.com/
I know the blog looks dead but no harm in giving them a comment, right? That might motivate them to post more! :D
Also, it appears Citrus from the Animal Jam Wintery is coming back! Check them out!
P. P. P. S. Here's the new item. Not that that matters, lol. RAINBOW000PEGASUS YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN NOW!!!

6 comments:

  1. Hey, I understand what you're going through. I'm applying for college right now myself, and this hiatus I'm taking is so I can write my college essay.

    Unless you really want to, I honestly think you don't need to quit AJ blogging just because you don't think it's impressive. There's this endless pressure for kids to do every thing they're told "looks good for college", but then they spend their four years of high school wasting their time on stuff that they don't enjoy or care about and come out of it knowing less about themselves than when they first started. It honestly makes me sad, and I've seen it firsthand in my friends.

    You obviously care about your blog. This is something you have found that brings you so much joy that you feel the need to post every day. This is special, and I think it could help you learn more about yourself if you kept going.

    I'm not putting my own blog on my college application (though my parents want me to lol), but I am going to talk about how much the Earth means to me, because that it something I care deeply about. More and more, colleges are not being surprised by applications of people who have done all the stuff that they think looks good, because those kinds of applications don't say anything about what that person cares about.

    I don't think you'll be given any sort of advantage in applying to college by giving up on something that makes you happy.

    I really want you to look deep inside and ask yourself "do I really want to quit?", not only because quitting something you obviously love won't give you any extra advantage, but because we all love reading what you have to write! Your blog is amazing, sometimes it reminds me of LoveLost's blog back in 2012, which was what inspired me to get into AJ blogging in the first place.

    I just want to let you know that it's YOUR decision. It's not my decision, it's not your mom's decision, and it's not the college system's decision. Ask yourself who is making this decision for you, and if it's not you, I really invite you to reconsider because we'll miss you so much every day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’ve been thinking about this all day and I realized something. Your blog should not embarrass you– it’s incredibly impressive. In less than a year, you have basically become the glue that holds the AJ blogging community together. I’m not exaggerating. You reach out to every blog, check in, give support, and bring us all together.

      I finished my college essay today. Yeah, I wrote about the environment, but everyone knows the environment is important. If you submitted a college essay about your experience in bringing a waning community together, that would be something that stands out.

      Bottom line: your blog is not a waste of time. It’s funny, freeflowing, and lighthearted, but endlessly impressive.

      And I bet Snowyclaw wrote about Animal Jam on her own college application. She works for AJ now, and there's NOTHING embarrassing about that!

      Delete
  2. I don't even know you that well, but this post makes me really sad! I'll miss you, Q! DX (And I just started following you, too! DX)

    I hope these next few months will be better for you than the last six. I don't know if it helps you to know, but I'll be praying for you.

    -Koolestkat

    ReplyDelete
  3. UGH. I AM SO SORRY TO ALL FOR SWITCHING BACK. But I don't think I'm quitting after all. More information tomorrow! But after thinking about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *By switching back, I mean, sorry to fake you guys out

      Delete
  4. Awwww no! I didn’t read this post yesterday, cause I didn’t havw a chance. I, glad you have decided to stay though. If AJ blogging is taking so much time away, you could always just post once a week or once a month, it doesn’t need to be daily.

    ReplyDelete

COMMENTING RULES:
1. Just use common sense. Lol.
2. No swearing, sorry. :(
3. Don't be inappropriate.
4. Basically, say things as if you're saying them to a five-year-old.