Monday, December 3

Big Announcement Again lol

Note: The contest is over, winners will be announced tomorrow, apologize for the delay lol.

Hey there Jammers. I'M STILL GOING CRAZY FROM SATURDAY.
AHAHAHAHHAHAHA.
Anyway, good morning! It's Monday again... But we have a Jamaaliday Gift to open, as well as a diamond! Let's go get those now!
 I'm also getting the gifts on my alt account too.
We also have Ornament Earrings! 
 I remember when the glitched ones came out and everyone was fussing over this item.
 I think the dull colors are cool looking, but they don't look very good. Well, especially because I just threw them on my fox.
 We also have the Winter Log Bench. AJ's bringing back all the Winter items so you can decorate your snow dens for winter. Awesome!

ALSO. I forgot to mention, look at the calendar...
There are masterpiece tokens on it! So YAYYYYYY! That's nice of AJ.
We get one tomorrow! And two more down the road!

We also have an RIM, right? I can buy it for once because of this random one week membership...

We have Rare Fluffy Shoes in Mt. Shiveer. EH. Idk, nothing too interesting. A high price.

Alright.
TIME FOR A (semi) BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!!!
So. I am going to be stopping the Animal Jam Lake Blog by January.
HOWEVER. I will be picking something else up! DON'T CRY YET! JUST READ!

So... Tomorrow will be our 200th post. I certainly spent an hour on each post (despite my previous assertion that posts only took 20 minutes) and I've spent more time than that decorating, writing stuff I didn't post, making pages... I have 100% spent over 200 hours on this blog. 200 hours. That's a lot.


Now.

Sometimes I still have days without comments.
(Besides you, Violet XD)
Do not blame yourselves! Here's the thing:
The only views I get are from the blogging community. There's very few people just reading for reading. I shouldn't have to depend on you guys to read my stuff.

When I'm writing every single day, you know, making this a part of my life, do I expect to be famous? No. But I expect more comments, and more attention. And I have about as many readers as I did four months ago.


Now this would happen if I had terrible content. However, I'm not going to talk about my quality of content. It's just that BLOGGING IS DEAD.


Yes. I love blogging. I love all of you guys. But when I post... I want comments. I love reading comments, and seeing people reflect on my work, and I'm not getting that. And it's not your guys's fault. It's just that blogging is dead.


When I write, every single day, having the new item, as well as content on top, I do expect my viewers to go up. I do expect my views to go up, and I do expect my blog to get more attention.

Unfortunately, my blog gets NO ATTENTION. Yes, it gets some, but it's only other bloggers... Blogging... You can't find it easily. It's... I'm not getting the attention for the amount of work I'm putting in.

Here's a funny example: Over three years ago, I started a YouTube channel for Animal Jam. It was a project for school...

And... I got as many viewers on that YouTube channel in TWO WEEKS than what I've gotten in this blog in TWENTY-NINE WEEKS. I'm not happy with that... Lol.

OKAY. LITERALLY WHILE I WAS CHECKING THIS, I LOOKED BACK AT MY OLD CHANNEL.

EVERY OTHER VIDEO I HAVE HAS 1-50 VIEWS... And one of my videos actually got a bit of attention.
I had a good amount of people commenting for a little bit. AND THAT'S WITH TERRIBLE CONTENT.
I posted for around two weeks with NO SOUND, NO EDITING, and I was typing everything I was saying, so half the video is just the viewer waiting for Q to type the next thing!

So I think I'm going to switch to YouTube. And bring back my old channel. (And I'll keep the cringey videos up)

Do I like writing or making videos more? It depends. But I think I'm making that switch.

Another thing is that when I post videos on YouTube, people can find it a year later. With a blog, I can spend HOURS on one post and have only one person view it. That frustrates me...


So here's my plan.

I am switching all my videos I made while Blogging over to my old YouTube channel.
This means that if you've seen a video on my blog before (Doomy or Violet, basically), then you might see something you've seen before. I am going to have a new video every morning at 2:00AM Pacific Time for the next week or so.
But there are new videos...
Here's my video of the recap of the diamond glitch from Saturday:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3yBBsKkcA4&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3yBBsKkcA4&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3yBBsKkcA4&t=1s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3yBBsKkcA4&t=1s

But yeah. New videos every single day on that one. And new blog posts! HOW DID I HAVE THE TIME TO DO THIS LOL.

As for the blog... I don't know when I'll be leaving. But I'll probably be gone by January... I like posting the new Christmas item. But yeah.

Here's the channel if you want to look at it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7fTXSo6TE8HH5lacY2JPzA/featured
And maybe the channel will crash and burn.
But maybe I'll just have a video every few days.
And then I won't have to work as hard.
And you guys can still comment there! I will still see ya guys!
IDK. We'll see.

Have a super-fantastic day and jam on!

6 comments:

  1. I’m really going to miss you, Q. You brought such life to the AJ blogger community. You’re so fresh and full of exuberance. Your posting style is always fun to read and your humor is awesome.

    I will greatly miss you being an AJ Blogger.

    I hope the AJ YouTube community will welcome you and know how awesome you are and appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SIGGHHHHH... The hardest thing about leaving is saying good-bye to you guys. Lol. WOW THIS IS REALLY NICE OF YOU, you really warmed my heart, lol.

      Hehehe... Thanks so much. IT'S HARD TO LEAVE. Thank you so much! I appreciate it.

      Before it seems all sad and all, I will still check the other AJ blogs periodically - as well as respond to comments on YouTube. HEY. If YouTube doesn't work out I'm probably going to come back to Blogging.

      But for now, I'll be posting. So yay? UM. THANKS SO MUCH ACTUALLY YOUR COMMENT BOOSTED MY SELF ESTEEM HEHEHEHHEE.

      Delete
  2. I'd have no patience for YT, personally haha, because I can't edit videos, so good luck out there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m still sad about this decision. I hope youtube goes well, I don’t know how many videos I’ll be watching considering I don’t really watch AJ YouTube.... I hope to see you blogging again someday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I WILL TOO! D: Maybe if YouTube is failing I'll come back. But yeah. I will still be checking in...

      Delete

COMMENTING RULES:
1. Just use common sense. Lol.
2. No swearing, sorry. :(
3. Don't be inappropriate.
4. Basically, say things as if you're saying them to a five-year-old.